Apply for a microgrant to support your volunteering initiatives with Student Switch Off.
As a Student Switch Off volunteer there are many ways in which you can both support the campaign as well as gain useful sustainability skills and experiences that you can take into your future career.
Microgrants of £20 are available to support and cover your time spent completing your chosen activity. Each activity should not take longer than 1.5-2 hours to complete.
Examples of activites that you can apply for a microgrant for include, but are not limited to:
• Creating short videos or GIFs of your top sustainability tips; create approx. 3x 20 second videos or 1x 1 minute video.
• Creating a video about your experience of Student Switch Off and being sustainable in residences; approx. 1 minute video which may include for example what you have learned, benefited or why you got involved in SSO.
• Creating a set of graphics or animations communicating top sustainability tips in your home or residence; approx. 3-5 graphics for social media or communication materials.
• Writing a blog, article or case study on your experience as a Student Switch Off volunteer or on being sustainable in your residence; approx. 400-500 words and relevant photo.
• Organising a virtual sustainability themed quiz, event or watch party; aimed at engaging people within your residence on sustainability.
• Any other suggested activity of initiative.
Applications close 5pm on 20th April 2021 and feedback on the success of your application will be received within one month.
See more information on microgrant terms and conditions