Follow our tips to saving energy and money at home. Simple actions you take will save you money on your bills and reduce your impact on climate change
- Don’t leave lights and appliances on unnecessarily. This uses energy and money.
- Buy energy efficient appliances. The majority of electrical appliances such as light bulbs will have an energy efficiency label which ranges from A+++ to D. The better the rating, the less the appliances will cost to use.
- Put a lid on your pan when cooking. It cooks food quicker and reduces condensation.
- Defrost your freezer. It makes it run more efficiently.
- Don’t overfill the kettle. It boils quicker and uses less energy with less water
- Wash clothes at lower temperatures. 30C is fine for most clothes
- Take shorter showers. Heating water takes a lot of energy and is expensive