Student Switch Off volunteers receive a bronze, silver or gold e-certificate from SOS-UK for completing suggested actions over the year. Below are some actions which you can take to develop your knowledge and skills, and to raise awareness of the campaign.
Bronze certificate = Attend the volunteer training session and complete a sustainability audit of you accommodation using this template.
Silver certificate = Complete 5 actions, including attending the training and completing a sustainability audit.
Gold certificate = Complete 10 actions, including attending the training and completing a sustainability audit.
- Attend the volunteer training session. You can find the dates here.
- Complete a sustainability audit of your accommodation here.
- Take one of our sustainability e-modules which we will share with you over the year.
- Attend one SSO led webinar or online event.
- Make a sustainable living pledge for 2020-21 here.
- Promote the campaign to your friends (find some ideas here).
- Encourage friends at your university to take the Climate Quiz (November and February).
- Run your own activity on sustainable living (view some suggestions here).
- Create your own posters to put up in your accommodation (or digital posters to be used on social media). Please use the SSO logo.
- Share a photo for our ‘placard’ campaign photo collage. (Find more details here).
- Share a tip to live more sustainably in the SSO volunteer Slack group*.
- Calculate your carbon footprint using this tool, and share that you have taken it and what action you are going to take to reduce your carbon footprint in the Slack group*.
- Read an article, watch a film/documentary, or listen to a podcast and share what is was on the Slack group*. View the Learning Resources page for some suggestions.
Complete these suggested actions in any order you like, and let us know on the Slack group* if you are taking any other actions.
*After joining the training session, you will have been sent an invite to join the Slack group (channel-based messaging platform). If you have not received this, please email your Student Switch Off staff contact.