As the first term comes to an end, we’re taking stock of the achievements over the last few months – it’s been a whirlwind of Freshers fayres, Ambassador training sessions, quizzes, halls visits and photo competitions and the level of student engagement has been fantastic! Here are our stats for the term:
– 38 universities are participating in the Student Switch Off in the UK – including 127,000 students in halls of residence
– 19,500+ students have pledged to save energy and recycle and encourage their flatmates to do so as well
– Over 12,000 students took our climate change quiz in November and deliveries of 100 tubs of Ben & Jerry’s were won by halls/colleges from Cambridge, Exeter, Nottingham and Oxford
– 863 students were trained up as Ambassadors for the campaign – taking a really proactive role in promoting the campaign within their
– 521 energy-saving themed photos were submitted in our competitions over the term – you can check out some of our favourites in the slideshow below!
Energy data is gradually coming in and when everyone returns from the Christmas holiday we’ll be updating each university with the latest halls leaderboard for their campus. We hope you all have a great Christmas break and don’t forget to switch off all lights and unnecessary appliances when you head back home!